You don’t generally go to Hawaii for the shopping – it is more the lure of the sandy pristine beaches, the beautiful weather and the time to unwind and relax from the hustle and bustle of life. However, for some reason, I can leave with 14.2 kgs in the bag and come back with 25 kg’s!!
So for a quick review of my shopping in Hawaii – here are a few tips from my visit. I arrived back yesterday ….
- Sleep in for as long as you want in the morning as most of the shops generally don’t open until around 10 or 11 in the morning and are open to around 10 or 11 pm at night.
- The Ross stores are outlet chains that (if you can be bothered) can be worth rummaging around. Big discounts on surplus stock and end of lines from the likes of Nine West, Betsey Johnson, Guess etc. From my perspective, generally only good for finding tee shirts and/or kids clothing. I bought 2 tee shirts and 1 pair of Nike shorts for a total price of US $22.00.
- The Ala Moana Shopping Centre has all the American Brands, Designer Brands plus the big department stores. You can spend many hours wandering around, enjoying the air-conditioning and grabbing a coffee from Starbucks. Look out for the No. 8 bus that will take you from Waikiki to the Shopping Centre for US $2.00 each way.
- Waikele Premium Outlet shopping is about a 40 minute drive from Waikiki and has the premium designer brands including Kate Space, Armani Exchange, Coach, plus of course Adidas, Nine West etc. This trip I didn’t find anything I liked, as with most outlets, the size range can be quite limiting. You can get some amazing discounts though, particularly when you compare what you would pay back home full price.
- Pack light as you just never know what bargains you may find, and need to have room to take everything home with you.
- Victoria Secret is the best kept secret there ever was. Love everything about this store, from the friendly service, to the great promotions they have. I got $15.00 off a bra plus 2 pairs of undies for $1.00 each and then spent enough to get a nice beach bag. LOVE LOVE LOVE.